Monday, January 5, 2009

Just a late night thought...

Yesterday was a great day and today wasn't half bad either. I rested for the first time in awhile and my sink is fixed... hooray for it being able to drain! I'm plagued with a hint of sadness though.

Recently Sam's friend asked him to watch his hamster San (prounced like S ON) while he was out of town. Last night San passed away and I found out this morning. Normally I wouldn't feel so upset since it's Sam's friend's hamster, but the look on my brother's face today made me feel horrible. It clearly wasn't his fault, San was old for a hamster, she was about a year and a half, but clearly Sam thinks it was =[

So now I feel terrible for Sam and the poor little hamster who is no longer with us. What was even worse was that after Sam told his friend Steven, he had to figure out what to do with it because Steven didn't want to know. I really shouldn't feel so bad for a hamster but I do. I heard some noise from my brother's room so i went in and it was just his hamster moving in his sleep. Then i started to feel sad for Chili (Sam's hammy), he lost his friend, I know I am such a girl. People may say oh it's just a hamster, but just because they're little doesn't mean they arent loved.

So now I'm sitting here pondering what Sam's hamster is thinking about what happened while feeling sad and ridiculous. Now I don't think I want any little pet that has a short life span.

R.I.P San ♥

2 comments: